Every year around this time of year, we are reminded of the gifts that the universe has blessed us with. In the hustle and bustle of our busy lives, we often don’t stop to consider our blessings. Sometime we forget our blessings and choose to focus on what is ‘t going well. I can tell you first hand that when we focus on the negatives, the positives stay in darkness and we are left feeling depressed or defeated because we don’t acknowledge the gifts as I like to call it that God presents us with on a daily basis. So I just wanted to take a few moments to honor and give gratitude for all of the things that I am grateful for as we head into the holiday season. I am sure that there are hundreds of things that I could think of, but I will pay homage to 10 things that I am grateful for and I invite you to do the same. Maybe we can agree to take more time just to remember that we are blessed in so many ways despite the ups and downs that life brings. What I have found is that the more thankful I am, the happier I become. Even when we find ourselves in difficult situations, give thanks for the opportunity to learn something. You will be amazed at how much your life will change, So here I go.
1. I am thankful to be alive and have breath.
2. I am thankful to have found love, be in love, and have an open heart to give love.
3. I am thankful that I have my parents, and even though they are not perfect, they are still here.
4. I am thankful for a sister and my two nephews who I love dearly.
5. I am thankful for sisterfriends who I love and love me like sisters.
6. I am thankful that I have the honor of serving others in my career, however stressful and challenging it can be at times.
7. I am thankful that I have the ability to enjoy some of the superficial things in life; like shopping.
8. I am thankful that God is showing me a better me everyday and I am open vessel ready and willing to do the work.
9. I am thankful that everyday, I’m blessed to have a roof over my head and not have to struggle to eat, sleep or pay my bills.
10. Most of all, I am thankful that God loves me and is protecting me every single day of my live.
What are you thankful for?
Usually, I don’t read long posts, but it had been worth the time. Nice article.
I truly appreciate you finding the time to generally share this information with us.